I promise you this will be the best and easiest dessert you’ll ever make. Although i never save a recipe, when it comes to this chocolate tart I definitely won’t be needing to look for new recipe. My husband and I both love a very rich and strong taste of chocolate, so this recipe is perfect if you like dark chocolate. Also the recipe i got is by Paule Caillet, and modified it a little bit. So all credits goes to her for inventing the recipe 🙂
Let’s get it to it!
For the Crust :
- 90g Butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 150g All Purpose Flour
For the Ganache Filling :
- 250ml Heavy Cream
- 250 g good quality chocolate (I use 70% dark chocolate)
- 2 teaspoon 100 % pure cocoa chocolate powder
- 30g Butter
- Preheat the oven to 410º F (210º C).
- Cut butter into small pieces and place in a medium-sized ovenproof bowl (I use Pyrex). Add the oil, water, sugar, and salt.
- Place the bowl in the oven until mixture is bubbling and just starting to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove bowl from the oven and reduce temperature to 375˚F.. The bowl will be very hot so handle with a hot pad till it cools down. Immediately add the flour (stand back a bit as the mixture may sputter as flour is added). With a heat-proof spatula stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a 8 or 9-inch* (23 cm) tart mold with a removable bottom. When it’s cooled down a bit, press dough to an even layer with your fingers.
- Pierce the bottom with a fork all over. Also press the sides of the crust with a fork to reinforce.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before filling.
- For the ganache filling, cut the chocolate into thin pieces and place in a medium size bowl.
- Heat the cream. When it reaches the boiling point, remove. You can heat the cream on the stovetop or in the microwave. Remove it from the heat just as it starts to boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate.
- Mix the cocoa powder also.
- Stir with a heat-proof spatula till creamy and all chocolate has melted. Add the butter and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cooled crust and refrigerate for at least one hour. Can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Top with raspberries, strawberries, or any fruits you feel like in the moment! And then sprinkle some powder sugar to give a nice decoration.
There you have it! Can you believe that you don’t need to put sugar at all in the ganache! Amazing hahah. Oh remember this the chocolate in this tart will be very strong, since I use 70% chocolate. If you don’t like it too strong, then you should take a normal chocolate like 40% or something and also no need to put extra chocolate powder in that case. If you have any question, just sent me email or leave a comment. Give this recipe a try, you will love it!