We’ve been married for about 1 and a half year now, and I’m not gonna lie I wanted to have a baby right after we got married. Although I wasn’t really putting my mind on it, I know if all of sudden I’m pregnant, I was ready and my husband would be happy too. Point is we did not plan to not have a baby, and were just letting it come naturally.
First, we were living in Jakarta, then Singapore and now we’re settling in Dubai. It was only until we stay in Dubai that I start having these common question ” why am I still not pregnant yet?’ Although my husband has always been very optimistic reminding me that it will happen at the right time, I convinced my husband to see a doctor. So we went to a fertility centre to get both checked, short story we are both healthy and not showing any abnormality that will stop us from conceiving, but fertility center in Dubai was beyond expensive, that was the only down part. I’m sure it would have been a lot cheaper in other countries.
Okay by finally knowing that we are both healthy, it put my mind at peace. Only problem I know was holding us from getting a positive sign is my long cycle of period. While most woman get their period in a 28days cycle. I would get my period in 38 to 43 days. But still since the doctor said we are both healthy and we should just keep trying, it doesn’t really bother me much.
4 months passed by and I’m still not pregnant. At this time finally my husband was really eager to know what is going on. We both sit on a table, and he made a graphic of my period cycle. By doing this, we would know when I ovulate, and when is the perfect timing to have intercouse. Of course I’ve done this counting myself, I also have an application that track my period cycle. But it was only until we both sat down, and really mark the days on when to have sex, is when I finally got pregnant 🙂 .
So here are points you might consider doing if you’re trying to get pregnant;
- Visit a doctor : It is better to know the health state of you and your spouse. If you’re both healthy then there’s nothing to worry, just focus on trying, and if there’s anything wrong, it’s better to know sooner so doctor can help you out.
- Have a really healthy lifestyle; try to eat clean and work out regularly. Me, I was cutting on animal products and go for a run every morning. Husband was also eating healthy, played football once a week, no alcohol and no cigarettes.
- Download a fertility app; It’s easier for you to keep track on your cycle when you have it on your phone.
- Have Intercouse at perfect timing; meaning while you’re fertile/ ovulating.
- Don’t stress out; try your best but leave the outcome to God. It’ll only happen at the right time, I couldn’t agree more.
Predicting Ovulation is KEY
Ovulation is when you release an egg from one of your ovaries. If that egg gets fertilized by a sperm and implants in your uterus, you’re pregnant!
To estimate when you’ll ovulate, count back 14 days from when you expect your next period. Your fertile window includes the day you ovulate and the preceding five days. So, for example, if day 1 is the first day of your period and day 28 is the day before you expect your next period, you’d be fertile on days 10 through 15.
But with my 40 days cycle. My ovulation is around day 15 to 29. To finally got pregnant we had sex every 2 days from day 14 until day 26.
To easily count your fertile window, just use this link ;
I hope this information will help couples that have been trying to get pregnant.
I wish you all a beautiful journey 🙂